Thursday, October 17, 2013

Star Trek: The Fall:The Crimson Shadow Review



Star Trek: The Fall: The Crimson Shadow

This week I decided to review Star Trek: The Fall Crimson Shadow by Una McCormack. The book Starts during the events of Revelation and Dust them continues on to the aftermath. When the story begins Ambassador Garak is on his way home from Earth on the Enterprise. After arriving he soon finds himself thrust into the position of trying to deal with multiple crises including the effects of the events of Revelation and Dust on relations between the Cardassians and Federation, the murder of a Starfleet officer on Cardassia Prime, and the attempts of an Anti-Federation Alliance Cardassian political party to gain power.
I give this book an 8 out of 10. I usually prefer some space combat in my stories but I acknowledge that not all stories would benefit from it and this one does great without it. I loved the literature discussion between Picard and Garak, and it was fascinating to learn more about the origins and original purpose of the Obsidian Order. Also while the events covered in Revelation and Dust left me dreading what would follow  the ending of Crimson Shadow left me eager to see what comes next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors