Thursday, October 23, 2014

Early Impressions -- The Flash

I became a fan of the Flash a while back while reading through old issues of his comic, so I was very much looking forward to the new TV series. I have to say, I'm very impressed so far. The CG is very well-done for television, and I really enjoy seeing the effects in action. I thought the blurring would be similar to Smallville, but it's actually much cooler. Also, the acting talent is solid, with Grant Gustin playing a very believable Barry Allen, and Tom Cavanagh shines with his own charisma. It's also cool seeing cameos from Arrow. Usually in DC movies and TV shows, each universe is separate, but with these two series, they're keeping it together, which is a nice plus.

Finally, there are so many colorful villains they can bring in. Some are cool (like Captain Cold), while others...not so much (Rainbow Raider; here's hoping they leave him out).

Bottom line: The Flash is really exciting so far, and I eagerly look forward to the rest of the first season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors