Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Author Interview -- Gail Carriger

Today I'm proud to interview one of my favorite authors. Please welcome Gail Carriger, author of Soulless and The Custard Protocol series, among others. Whether you want steampunk, vampires or werewolves, she's got you covered.

1.) How would you describe your writing to a newb?
Comedies of manners mixed with paranormal romance/urban fantasy. Often with a heavy dose of steampunk.


2.) Your writing contains the right mix of style and sharp wit. How have you cultivated your writing?
Carefully and with only the very best pruning shears.


3.) Your stories feature strong female protagonists. Is this something literature has enough of or do we still have a ways to go?
I'll settle for 51% of literature. All literature. Everywhere. That seems about right to me. Alternatively, how about 99% for the next 500 years or so? Balance.


4.) Do you consider yourself an alpha?
Not by my world's standards, I've never been bitten by a werewolf. At least I don't think I have.


5.) Would you rather be a vampire, werewolf or preternatural?
Definitely preternatural. Best of all words and no messy immortality. 


6.) Did you find it difficult to transition from California to Victorian England?Only when I've eaten too much Mexican food.


7.) What advice would you give to an aspiring author looking to get noticed?
Do it more, do it better, and make them laugh.


8.) How did Soulless: The Manga come about?There was a mild case of confused identity, a tall man with twinkly eyes, and mutual admiration for Black Butler involved. I'm so lucky to have had the graphic adaptation, so few authors ever get to see their work interpreted through a visual medium. It was such a killer experience. 

Thanks for having me by for a visit!


My pleasure.

https://www.facebook.com/gailcarrigerllc/

@gailcarriger

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2891665.Gail_Carriger

http://gailcarriger.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors